The activity of increasing the awareness about a person, product or service and to grab the attention of the crowd is known as publicity. It is a way to project your company in front of the potential customer. It generally gives the authority of an independent voice. It may turn helpful in increasing the sales from the potential customers.
Publicity is difficult to be controlled. The cost associated with publicity is usually less as compared to the other marketing activities like promotion and advertising which cost sums of money for the people.
1. The cost of publicity is very less. Publicity coming from an unsolicited newspaper or through social media doesn’t cost anything to the company.
2. Publicity ensures credibility as the consumers expect a significant level of bias or exaggeration in the advertisements a company produces about its services or products. However, third-party sources, such as blogs, online reviews and magazines are often considered less biased.
3. Consistent publicity helps a company strengthen its brand as it gives a company a way to prove its customers its worth.
4. Innovation is very important in increasing your reach and building loyalty amongst the customers. If good reviews start coming up for a brand it often build the other public relations companies interested in the company.
5. Publicity open doors for more opportunities and help build relationships with more number of high net worth companies.
6. Publicity helps you go viral. Ads don’t go viral on their own publicity help them. Word of mouth is a successful tool that drives more business for a company.
1. Damage brand equity in long term because of bad publicity. It is applicable for companies with health hazards and safety issues.
2. Brand association will be damaged as changing the customer’s perception is very difficult.
3. Loss of trust